2016 (seventeen years old)


A couple of months after Zayn left the band, the remaining members of One direction announced, that they were going on a hiatus and once again this struck me like lightning. 

Bildergebnis für one direction last performance
One Directions' last performance

But being a little older in 2016, I understood why they were initiating this break and in a way, I felt happy for them. That was the first time I saw them as actual human beings and not just some strangers thousands of kilometers away. It was noticeable, that they needed a break. 

Around this time, I started to rearrange my priorities. I realized that just because you want things to continue if they are not healthy for everyone involved, you have to let them go. Even if it is hard. If it was up to my thirteen-year-old self, Zayn would always stay in the band and the band would never stop touring and releasing new music, but that is not realistic and if someone suffers in a situation like this, you should not be angry about the decisions they made as a consequence. This is one important life lesson this band/Fandom taught me.